Thursday, June 22, 2006

Argentina 6: Serbia 0

It was a bittersweet victory for me the other night when Argentina brokedown the "Iron Wall" of the Serbia and Montenegro defence. With the win, my albiceleste assured their way to the elimination stage. But my heart went out to S&M, both because they were all really nice guysand because this meant that their dream to qualify from the group stage was over. But as my grandfather says, "in football there is no justice."

While at the Gelsenkirchen Fan Fest, I got meet to meet Andrzej “Bobo” Bobowski, President of the Polish Football Association’s fan club. Bobo is the undisputed King of Polish Soccer Fans. He’s an inspiration for all football funs. Bobo has been to 8 World Cup and attended over 100 matches. Moreover, he’s especially proud that has has been to almost every Germany vs. Poland match, whether at the international and club level over the last 25 years. Perhaps, when Bobo retires, I can become the King of Football for Peace!

 
Add to Technorati Favorites