Saturday, July 01, 2006

Good Luck Germany!

It was a game to remember. A true clasico, even down to the final penalty kick. Argentina played their best and was superior in every way. Except for penalty kicks that is. But Germany’s bread and butter are penalty kicks and they emerged victorious in the end.

Yes, I am sad and a bit heartbroken. But I can’t help but also be happy and excited for the German people. I have made so many dear German friends during my stay and this country has really supported Make Goals Not War. To me, what I have experienced here in Germany has made me much more optimistic about the future. The way football can bring people together, they way we have fun together, and remain friends even if you lose or win has been an incredible lesson.


So as they say here: Berlin! Berlin! Das Final en Berlin!
 
Add to Technorati Favorites