Monday, July 10, 2006

The Word Cup may be over but Make Goals Not War has just begun…

Last night Italy defeated France in a dramatic, but for all the wrong reasons, finish to take the 2006 World Cup title. But for Make Goals Not War, our journey does not end here.

In fact, Make Goals Not War is now entering a second stage. These past five weeks I have managed to spread my message of peace and using football macthes to resolve international conflicts to millions of people around the world by talking to ordinary fans on the streets and through the dozens of television, radio, and print interviews.




Not only have the people supported me, I now also have the support and
encouragement of our world leaders. I am proud to say I met briefly with the UN Secretary General Kofi Annan and he said to me: “Make Goals Not War. Now that’s a great idea…I support you.” I even presented Mr. Annan an official Make Goals Not War jersey and I think he’ll look really good in pink.

How cool is that?












 
Add to Technorati Favorites